« Home | “我爱太极” 搏客开张!! »

Self Introduction



I was introduced to Tai Ji in 1966, when I was still a secondary school student. Under the Wu style Tai Ji coaching of Huang Shi Ren Shifu, I started my Tai Ji journey.

As the lessons progressed, I became stronger, both mentally and physically. When I finished my Tai Ji course as a teenager, I was convinced that this ancient martial arts form was a superb way to exercise my body and improve my self-defense skills.

Later, I joined the Singapore Jian Chuan Tai-Chi Chuan Physical Culture Association. I was first guided and supervised by the late Hu Xi Zhou and later by Ou Teck Seng Shifu. Both of these Wu style Tai Ji coaches had directly studied under Master Wu Kung Yi, and his sons Master Wu Ta Kwei and Master Wu Tai Chi, and also Kung Yi's nephew Master Wu Ta Sin.

By absorbing and learning from the direct descendants of the Wu family who refined Tai ji's movements, Hu Xi Zhou and Ou Teck Seng Shifu became masters of the Wu style form and the push-hand techniques. I was fortunate to have been under their guidance in my formative years of learning Wu style Tai ji.

In the twinkling of an eye, close to 40 years have passed since my very first Tai Ji lessons. While many things have changed during these 4 decades, my passion for Tai ji has remained as strong as ever.

I have been conducting Tai Ji classes for more than 15 years. Among the students I have coached, many have gone on to become Tai Ji instructors. Seeing their skills and their health improve has been a source of constant joy.

In 2002, the efforts of my dedication to Wu Style Tai Ji and my devotion to teaching and sharing this martial arts form paid off: I was selected to the panel of the *SINGAPORE NATIONAL WUSHU FEDERATION Board of Examiners for the Internal Martial Arts.

With the growth of the internet and the prevalence of digital lifestyles, I hope to utilize this convenient platform to further promote the understanding, teaching and practice of Tai Ji.

-----------------------------------------------

*The Singapore National Wushu Federation Board of Examiners for the Internal Martial Arts is the conducting authority for the examination and certification of Tai Ji instructors in Singapore.